etch-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Marsh <>
Subject Identification of remote server in impl
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 00:07:54 GMT
Hello all,

I noticed an issue when I was implementing a client directed message. If I have multiple <interface>_remote_server
references, and I receive a client directed service method call from one of them, I cannot
tell which connection it is coming from. For example, (pseudocode)

Step 1: from client connect to multiple remote servers

test_remote_server* T1 = NULL;
test_remote_server* T2 = NULL;

test_helper_remote_server_create(&T1, uri1, …);   // T1 = 0x87c5b90
test_helper_remote_server_create(&T2, uri2, …);   // T2 = 0x9647b90

test_helper_remote_server_start_wait(&T1, 4000);
test_helper_remote_server_start_wait(&T2, 4000);

Step 2: server sends a client directed message

test_remote_client* foo = ….;

Step 3: client receives message

void *testfunc(void* thisx) {
                // thisx is a test_remote_server instance
printf("thisx=%p\n", thisx); //prints something unexpected, like 0x9951b90

The problem is that this is neither of the known remote_server instances I created, and there
is no variable (like server_id) which is set so that I can make a correlation. The same issue
is true of sessionNotify events.

Am I missing something, or doing something incorrectly? If it is an issue, please let me know
and I will submit a JIRA issue.

Thanks, and guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!

Thomas Marsh | Sr. Software Engineer | Cloud Gaming Division | GameStop | 512-343-5927