etch-dev mailing list archives

From Holger Grandy <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] starting the CMS migration process
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 19:59:43 GMT
Hi guys,

for me the issue below is the final argument for integrating our
documentation into svn and to generate our website (or at least major
parts of it)
from there on. Michael has proposed docbook for this before christmas.
There are already some skeletons in trunk in the doc folder.

Personally, I would be happy with full generation from svn. We have to
spent some effort on porting the current website content from
to this format. But this has to be done anyway when Apache is stopping
Confluence support. Is someone willing to start or support on this
I remember James, Scott and Younjun supported the idea in the etch-dev
thread from november. In the same thread Michael proposed an example
I would be happy if this effort could be continued now. Who is willing
to support this? Perhaps with porting some first documents from
to the new systen, perhaps with providing some good layout for the
generated site?

Here is the thread from november:

Please post your comments, we need to get this moving forward.