etch-dev mailing list archives

From James Dixson <>
Subject apr-iconv and cross-compiling c-binding
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 16:34:56 GMT
Hey all,

I am working on a project to cross-compile the c-binding for ARM for use
in an embedded linux appliance. A couple of questions:

 1) has anyone attempted this yet?
 2) I notice the use of apr-iconv. Is there any technical reason why
 apr-iconv is required for linux vs. iconv that is native to glibc? I
 would like to #ifdef around the code to use apr-iconv when needed (on
 windows) but glibc-iconv on linux.
 3) Are there any technical reasons for the specific versions of apr and
 cunit referenced in the c-binding or will later versions work as well
 (assuming no api changes of course).

View raw message