etch-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <>
Subject Re: about the board report then...
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:03:03 GMT
The board meeting was postponed until the 22nd so our report is not late :).

The report is good, though I have added a note with the mentor perspective:

The mentors proposed to stop the incubation of Etch due of lack of
community momentum. The actions put forward by the new committers give
some hope that Etch might have a future, so we are going see if the
community gains some momentum. As a technology Etch is viable, as
evidenced by its use in BMW and other production sites. Our concerns
are mostly that the developer community has been dead for over a year
with just one (large) commit. Last week did show increased activity,
we're going to see if this continues to increase and a viable
community arises.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Holger Grandy
<> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
> I'll do it. Since we missed last week's deadline (didn't know about that)
> and since the clock is ticking, I directly added the text to
> If you disagree with what is said there, please feel free to change it.
> Hope this process is considered ok, since time is against us.
> Would our mentors please post their comments and/or sign this in the Wiki?
> Thanks a lot,
> Holger

Become a Wicket expert, learn from the best:
Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now:

View raw message