etch-dev mailing list archives

From Holger Grandy <>
Subject Etch C binding commit to ASF
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 07:24:29 GMT

it took some time (sorry for that), but now we have committed our modified
c binding implementation to

The implementation is in the binding-c directory, structured just like the other bindings.

Our small hello world example (showing interoperability of C and Java bindings) is in the

examples directory. The c binding compiler build is integrated into the ant build (we had
locally remove the csharp binding from the build.xml, because it breaks the build when no
and stuff is available - at least on my machine...)

I would suggest we leave it in this branch for a couple of weeks for you to have a closer
Afterwards - if all are happy with it - we would suggest to integrate it into trunk and then

push everything we have into release 1.1. We plan to add other stuff (e.g. wireshark plugin)
Next steps for the c binding would be build (still visual studio 2005 only), linux makefiles
some other stuff. Perhaps one of you can pick up those?

Kind regards,
Holger and Michael

View raw message