etch-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav..." <>
Subject RE: FW: Etch C Binding - how to continue?
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:50:06 GMT

Holger and Michael have PUT things in Jira - with patches, been there since
January, which I have pointed out many times.

> i'd have more energy, i think, if there were folks actively interested
> in helping and discussing where things should go.

The fact that Holger and Michael have put patches into the issue tracker
means they are active and interested, as well as participate on the mailing

> it isn't really my
> job
> to say where etch should go in the absence of reasonable input from
> others. cisco informed our direction before, and we had a real need for
> the things we discussed. i might have a real need for them again. but i
> don't right now. i guess i'm just a little tired of talking into an
> empty room.

Yes and so am I, the lack of response to my queries on the private list is
also tiresome; and worrying for the future of this project.

I have asked questions on some jiras and asked for feedback, got none.
assigned himself some issues in January, promised to do them in a week, yet
we are in April.

If the current developers are happy with the state of the project as it is,
they need to move aside and let others who actually want to work on it, do

With zero commits in nearly a year, I'm about ready to recommend this
project be
marked dormant and retired unless something starts to happen.

I'm sorry that the lack of replies to the private list forced this
discussion into
the public arena, but it needs to be done.

View raw message