etch-dev mailing list archives

From scott comer <>
Subject release 1.2 planning
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 19:09:42 GMT
i created a release 1.2.

we have the code for the c and python bindings.

the c binding works, but has no compiler. it is not integrated into the
build. it is only tried on windows.

the python binding is still under development. it has no compiler,
either, and is not integrated into the build.

manoj and i are looking at getting the ruby binding committed on a
branch. it was only about 1/2 done, but things have changed a lot since

we have code on branches for name service, configuration service,
router, and a stub of log service. they are not integrated into the
build, but would look a lot like examples.

i was thinking a good release date for 1.2 would be end of july. i was
thinking we could aim for these things:

    * c binding build integration,
    * c binding made to work on linux,
    * c binding compiler,
    * python binding build integration,
    * python binding completed,
    * python binding compiler,
    * name service imported, integrated,
    * configuration service imported, integrated,
    * router service imported, integrated,
    * log service stub imported, integrated,
    * auth service stub created, integrated.

thoughts, ideas?

scott out