etch-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: branching etch for release 1.0.2, trunk is now release 1.1
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:48:25 GMT
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:44 PM, scott comer (sccomer)
<> wrote:

> no other planning for 1.1 has occurred yet. to kick the ball, ideas for 1.1:
> c binding (nearly done)
> python binding (in progress)
> reference etch services (naming, configuration, authentication, logging,
> router)
> high performance transport using selectors (ETCH-10, ETCH-20)
> interoptester (ETCH-15)

Well it depends on what is a reasonable timeline. "Release Early,
Release Often" is a mantra at ASF, although not all projects stick to

So, if I were in your seat, I would take all the low hanging fruits
and kick out a 1.1 release in say 4-6 weeks. Until then, hopefully
some more ideas and work will approach 'low hanging', rinse and
repeat. Personally, I hope to get enough time to supply a patch for
'dynamic hook', once I am back @ home. Probably take a few laps of
questions, trial and error to get it right...

-- - New Energy for Java

View raw message