etch-dev mailing list archives

From René Barraza <>
Subject [vote] include fix in release 1.0.2 (ETCH-28) Examples do not build due to outdated ant files.
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:08:23 GMT
It seems that the build.xml files in the examples were referencing old
environment variables that we used to perform the build before releasing
Etch to the open source community. Attempting to build the examples without
the proper environment would result in the build failing as Niclas pointed
out on 1-15-09 in an email entitled "First impressions as 'developer'..."

My fix involves importing ${Etch.basedir}/build-support/etch.includes.xml
into these build files. I also removed extraneous targets from
examples/build.xml that are otherwise inherited from etch.includex.xml and
call the the build_example macro inside the do-build target as per our build

I've cleaned and built both the debug and release targets from the sanctity
of my Mac which does not contain the legacy environment variables that
allowed this bug to slip through the cracks. All the examples build and run.

PS- I'll be out of town for the next week, if the vote passes and someone
wishes to apply the patch in my absence, be my guest. :)

On 1/21/09 4:33 PM, "Rene Barraza (JIRA)" <> wrote:

>      [
> ystem.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]
> Rene Barraza updated ETCH-28:
> -----------------------------
> Patch for fixing the issue. Essentially I included a reference to
> ${Etch.basedir}/build-support/build.includes.xml to propagate the setting of
> library variables from build.dependency and leverage the main targets: Clean,
> Release, Debug, etc.  Please excuse the excess changes from tabs to
> whitespace.
>> Examples do not build due to outdated ant files.
>>                 Key: ETCH-28
>>             Project: Etch
>>          Issue Type: Bug
>>          Components: examples
>>    Affects Versions: 1.0.2
>>         Environment: All
>>            Reporter: Rene Barraza
>>            Assignee: Rene Barraza
>>             Fix For: 1.0.2
>>         Attachments: etch-examples-patch.txt
>>   Original Estimate: 48h
>>  Remaining Estimate: 48h
>> The build.xml for the various Etch Examples are old and outdated using
>> customs that were utilized prior to releasing Etch to the open source
>> community. These scripts need to be refactored to use the existing build
>> infrastructure.

View raw message