etch-dev mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <>
Subject Re: Board Report is due.
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 06:56:14 GMT
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:53 PM, scott comer <> wrote:
> today's main task is to get the main etch status page updated. i've got a
> unix machine to do this
> on, but don't yet have svn installed, etc. once i get the site checked out
> there, do i have to
> install any other software, or just run ./ in the trunk directory as
> niclas suggests?

Depends. A typical Linux machine have things need installed, but can't
guarantee that for any combo.
Possibly, you could log into, do a svn checkout in
your home directory and then run the there, before committing
it back again. (Infra would be happy if you kill the local copy before

>> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>>> No. That is for Mentors to keep up to date, but I could do with some
>>> help (kick in the butt).
>>> For the record, that page is sitting in
>>> /repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/projects/etch.xml and
>>> once edited, one needs to run the ./ in the 'trunk' directory
>>> and commit the result. The documentation system is call Anakia and is
>>> the original ASF doc generation tool, which is no official project,
>>> but 'hangs out' in the infrastructure team.
>>> Cheers
>>> Niclas

View raw message