etch-dev mailing list archives

From James Dixson <>
Subject Re: Bad Jira user privileges
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 01:46:52 GMT

I see that page and I can add users to the roles, so I could get Rene
working with his userid. What I noticed however was that there was a group
associated with the Committers role called 'etch-developers'. It seemed that
the intent of that group was to hold the list of committers rather than
listing committers directly in the Users list.

I am happy to remove 'etch-developers' from the Committers role and just add
folks directly.

Any objections?

On 11/17/08 7:21 PM, "Yonik Seeley" <> wrote:

> James, you and scott are listed as JIRA Administrators.
> Things are set up to use roles I think... so users should be added to roles.
> You should be able to view and edit them:
> Administer Project -> Project Roles: View members
> -Yonik
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 7:52 PM, James Dixson <> wrote:
>> There seems to be a group called 'etch-developers' configured in Jira,
>> but I do not have access to inspect the membership or edit the list.
>> Doug, Niclas, Yonik: do any of you have permissions to edit the group?
>> Rene: what is your Jira login id?
>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Rene Barraza (rebarraz)
>> <> wrote:
>>> Team,
>>> I am currently unable to accept/edit/submit issues in Jira.  Could it be
>>> that my privileges are not set properly? Is there anyone here who could
>>> help rectify this?
>>> ---
>>> Rene Barraza
>>> CUAE Engineering