etch-dev mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <>
Subject Re: Board Report
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2008 14:16:09 GMT
On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 10:08 PM, James Dixson <> wrote:
> Thanks Niclas. Will take a look at it. I am expecting an update on the CCLA
> sometime on Monday and I am hoping to report a signed CCLA on its way to the
> ASF then.
> Question: are the subversion, mailing-list and Jira accounts coupled
> together in any fashion (ie, centrally managed) or do we need to setup
> accounts in each system individually?

They are not connected.

 1. Subversion is tied to the user account on, which
will be requested as soon as the CCLA is recorded.

 2. Mailing lists are open to the public in general, and subscriptions
are required individually. The etch-private@i.a.o is (or should be)
moderated for subscriptions, as only PPMC members will be allowed to

 3. JIRA is also "public", i.e. anyone can register as a user. The
project administrators have the karma needed to add such users to
specific project roles (Committers, Contributors and PPMC members).

> Question2: Scott and I would like to get permission to edit the Etch project
> in Jira to add components and start defining the next release milestones. Is
> that a separate request of the infrastructure group?

If I am provided with the usernames on JIRA, I can set that up.

View raw message