etch-dev mailing list archives

From James Dixson <>
Subject Re: Board Report
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:54:34 GMT

On 10/11/08 3:22 PM, "Niclas Hedhman" <> wrote:

> As for Wiki --> There are many Wiki instances running at ASF. So first
> it is a matter of making a choice. Personally I would recommend
> Confluence (, but the one used by Incubator is
> also ok ( Apache Felix has for instance
> managed to get the Confluence pages to also be their 'static'
> webpages, generated at regular intervals... Otherwise, docs are
> written in a myriad of formats and systems at Apache. Maven has a
> built-in system, Anakia is an in-house 'thing' that the basic
> infrastructure is using, some plain html, some home-brewn ones, Apache
> Forrest and others.

This is interesting. Scott and I have lamented for weeks how best to
approach the documentation/web site problem. We are "reasonably" comfortable
in confluence now and that is probably the best near term solution. All the
others are a steep learning curve for us.

If Felix has succeeded in generating static pages from confluence for their
primary site, then I am interested in learning how to set that up.

View raw message