esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Shiro integration in ESME
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2011 11:25:21 GMT
Ethan found an interesting blog about Apache Shiro integration in Lift
(http://goo.gl/fb/3kLxZ)

Apache Shiro is a Java security framework (formally known as
JSecurity) and it comes with a fairly abstract set of classes for
building systems that have the familiar users, roles and permissions
setup. There is an interesting write up here with further details:
http://shiro.apache.org/authentication-features.html

Thanks to Vladimir we already have some implemented some features such
as LDAP and container-based authentication.  Should we look at Shiro?

Thoughts?

D.