esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First running 1.3 observations
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 07:06:52 GMT
Hi Jack,

Thanks for the feedback and for finding this bug. Comments are inline:

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 7:40 AM, Jack Park <jackpark@topicquests.org> wrote:
> I created a pool.
> In another browser (IE), I created another user, "joe", and made some posts.
> Then, went back to my account and tried to add "joe" into my pool.  (The
> "Edit" button is someone misleading).  I can type in joe for the user, and
> give him either a Read or Write role. Click Add User button. Nothing
> happens. No "joe" in the list of users.  Tried his full name "Joe Sixpack"
> -- it really didn't like that, and still refused to accept "joe", not even
> giving an error message.

This is a bug where the list of users in the pool isn't updating after
adding a user. If you reload the page and reselect the pool, you'll
see "joe" in the list, I think. Can you create a Jira issue for this?

Aside from that, we clearly need to do some work on the usability of
the pool management interface. It has been pretty confusing since the
beginning. Would be worth having a Jira issue for this too!

If you don't get to creating the issues, I'm sure either Dick or I
will get to it this weekend.

> Joe is unable to "see" my pool in his browser.

Joe won't see messages that were posted to the pool before he was
added to the pool. Try posting a new message to the pool and see if
Joe sees it. If you added Joe with a Write role, he should also be
able to see the pool in the "Share with" dropdown when composing a
message.

> Perhaps I'm missing something; just doing what seems intuitive.

I think it's not very intuitive at the moment, which is definitely a problem.

Cheers,
Ethan