esme-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Park <jackp...@topicquests.org>
Subject User interface observations
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2011 17:38:14 GMT
Everything I'm reporting is from the perspective of a naive user; no
deep thinking is engaged. Thus, for instance, not realizing I would need
to refresh the pool view in order to pick up a new user that came online
while that view is still bound internally, provoked a bug report that's
not a bug at all.

Now, I am happy to report that Joe is a member of my pool; Joe sent a
message to that pool.  The number of exploratory gestures necessary to
see that message in my pool is the subject of this observation.

I ended up having to look at Streams.
Then I ended up having to select my pool in that stream. But, that's not
enough. I had to turn on a check box that says something about pool filters.

I'm guessing that, over time, I'll recognize just how powerful those
sequences really are; just reporting that they did not come from any
intuitions about the user interface. Not even complaining, just
observing, wondering how else to get there from here...

Jack