esme-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Park <jackp...@topicquests.org>
Subject Re: 1.4 planning
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:56:15 GMT
Hi Vladimir,

I am using Indrajit's scala library, not in ESME, but in another project
project that is a precursor to features I want to later add to ESME.

I am not able to say with any certainty that Lift's Record API doesn't
fit well; I started to think about it by sketching two implementations,
one for documents (ESME nodes, pure get/put key-value pairs where the
value is a JSON representation of the node) and one for timelines (the
Redis List structure), then decided, perhaps if for no other reason than
gross simplicity, to go with simply using the Redis API directly.  I'll
offer this hunch: Record extensions can, and perhaps should be
implemented for ESME nodes and for timelines.  For now, I'm not going
that direction but don't rule it out in the future.

I, too, am looking forward to seeing the results ;-)

Jack