esme-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Park <jackp...@topicquests.org>
Subject Re: 1.4 planning
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 20:11:02 GMT
At the moment, I'm not sure about creating a Jira for it, but I am
working on it.  I started with https://github.com/indrajitr/scala-redis
and, thanks to conversations with Indrajit, have learned that I can
craft what I call RedisModel (an object) that holds a live instance of
RedisClient and presents a useful API for doing timelines and nodes.
I'm working on that now.  RedisClient must be configured in Boot.scala

When I get something that works, I'll toss it up to github and ask
others to polish the work of this scala beginner.

My present thinking is that user modeling is still handled in an RDBMS
(though, I suppose, even there it's possible to run into scaling problems)

Jack