esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What are pools? was Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-1.3
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 12:51:28 GMT
Hi Jack,

On the esmecloudserverapache.dickhirsch.staxapps.net server I am
seeing that users in pools with "Write" privilege can read and write.

*However* there might be a bug where a user that hasn't logged in
recently doesn't receive messages from pools. It is possible the
user's mailbox is not being set up properly. We'll need to look into
it.

Thanks,
Ethan

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Jack Park <jackpark@topicquests.org> wrote:
> Ethan,
>
> That makes perfect sense.
> In 1.2, I am noticing that if I assign "write" to "joe" in a pool, "joe"
> can, indeed, write, but not read. Hope that's fixed in the newer versions.
>
> Thanks
> Jack
>
> On 7/28/2011 11:47 PM, Ethan Jewett wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jack,
>>
>> Just by way of explanation, I think that there have been some
>> significant changes to the timeline Javascript files between 1.2, 1.3,
>> and the upcoming 1.4. Most likely your browser was trying to use a
>> cached 1.3 .js file with the 1.2 backend code-base. That would
>> definitely not work as we changed some function and variable names, so
>> the backend was spitting out JS variables and functions to the browser
>> but the javascript already running in the browser had no idea what to
>> do with it.
>>
>> Hopefully that explains the problem. Sorry for the apparent flakiness.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ethan
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 5:42 AM, Jack Park<jackpark@topicquests.org>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> My "virgin" browser was IE whatever comes with Win7. The others are
>>> Chrome
>>> and FF. Clearing their cache fixed it.  Everything is running well now,
>>> with
>>> the 1.2 distro.  I have not migrated back to trunk or 1.3 yet. Overall,
>>> it
>>> was the cache issue, but I did drop the database and start over. I now
>>> have
>>> three users running in it.
>>> Created quite a few messages, some into a shared pool for two of the
>>> users.
>>> I gave a member Write roll. He can write and the admin sees, but he
>>> cannot
>>> read.  Not sure if that's a bug?
>>>
>>> Looking forward to the latest build running well.
>>> Thanks
>>> Jack

the user "acmebob"

now it is not