esme-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Park <jackp...@topicquests.org>
Subject Re: Scalability was Re: What are pools? was Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-1.3
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 19:21:15 GMT
Thanks, Ethan.
I'd like to know more about using MySQL.
Indeed, I'd like to know more about other classes of databases, e.g.
graph databases.

Still, while hit rate is one aspect of scalability, when you talk about
"safely cached", I wonder about the combinatoric aspect of scalability,
say, a million users each with timelines in the hundreds to thousands
long, and all the entailed message objects. Are you thinking in terms
of, say, external memcached solutions, or just large memory models and
load balancers?

Curious minds...
Thanks
Jack