esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ESME and Akka
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:20:07 GMT
For those who might not remember, I've had some ideas about using the
akka-camel module some time ago:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-esme-dev/201011.mbox/%3CAANLkTi=viyR_WyazJVaF3WrnZ-G5VsPSof0VMB4wDbak@mail.gmail.com%3E

It makes sense, since Camel provides solutions to various integration
scenarios, which is one of the use cases for ESME.

I've also not been in a hurry XMPP using the Lift library, because if
we use the Akka route, we will get this for free.

Let me take some time to think about how this can fit into ESME. If
there are no other major features planned for 1.4- why not?

Cheers,
Vassil