esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: little love for the website plz?
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 13:59:39 GMT
Thanks.

Let me and connect the new pages with our existing site.

D.

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
> The converted site is now checked in to the SVN repo. It looked to me
> like there were some issues, especially with the installation guides
> for various operating systems. And I have not even looked at whether
> the generated formatting looks reasonable.
>
> The necessary files to redo the conversion are also checked in. If you
> have a working Perl environment with RPC::XML installed, just do "perl
> export_site.pl ESME username password".
>
> Cheers,
> Ethan
>
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK - I've started the conversion to the CMS. You may have noticed all
>> the commits going on.  The site is basically a copy of the Stanbol
>> site with a few changes. Here is the staging site:
>> http://esme.staging.apache.org.
>>
>> We still need to change colors and icons and add the download area but
>> it is a start.
>>
>> Could someone try and run the Wiki export script
>> (https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/cms/conversion-utilities/cwiki/export_site.pl)
>> and commit the exported files to SVN? I've tried doing it manually and
>> it is a real pain in the butt. I have no idea how to run the PL script
>> (perl?), so I can't do it myself.
>>
>> D.
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> @Daniel Want to take a crack at creating our Project Metadata
>>> (http://projects.apache.org/create.html)
>>>

>>> All projects must provide a DOAP - Description Of A Project - file or
>>> entry for both the project itself and all product releases that they
>>> make. Follow the guidelines at to make a DOAP file and register it.
>>> This will allow the ASF to best showcase all of its projects and
>>> products in a variety of ways.
>>>
>>> D.

clean and will
the wiki to the new

tweaking it.

<joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
is based on the www-site's
 The source is at

at

plz?

CMS-based site that follows the
one. I'd like to use that as a
That way we could kill two birds

Hirsch  <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
your support.

with the export  tools
from the wiki to cms  manually.

 Daniel Koller <daniel@dakoller.net> wrote:
> [...]
I can be of  help there,

PM, Anne Kathrine  Petterøe

to  finishing the new website.
less without  a computer I could work on for
got a  new one a week ago, so I will back to
 re-branding this summer.

page is still very much a work in progress -  Anne
for the new site (by  simplifying the wiki
some major  hardware problems that prevented her
 work on it.

for  the wiki -> CMS migration still available?

at 10:33 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>
know that I came across  some
today about the state of  the
site.  While it has  functional
pretty minimalist for a  top-level project.
sport a download  page, which is sorta
even having a  website.

 discussed migrating to the CMS,
offered  to help with that.  Let me