esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Actions with Lift 2.2 (was: Move to latest Lift release for 1.2)
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2010 08:57:12 GMT
Hi Vladimir,

You've got the first half of the problem: The MessagePullActor is sent
the MessagePullActor.StartPullActor(id, lastMsg, feed) message in line
214 of Action.scala. The "id" here is a MappedLongIndex. I've changed
it to "id.is", which just returns a Long, I believe.

The problem occurs because the MessagePullActor is sent the message
MessagePullActor.Fetch(td.performId) in line 277 of UserActor.scala.
Here the td.performId is a Long.

Within MessagePullActor, a map is populated with "id" as the key in
the first call. In the second call the same map has get(td.performId)
called on it, with the intent of retrieving the map relationship
stored in the first call. But since (I guess) a Long is no longer
equal to a MappedLongIndex in Scala 2.8 (???) this doesn't work any
more. get(td.performId) just returns a None() instead of the
Some(MessagePullActor(...)) that it used to return.

Does that seem like the right explanation to you? I'm not sure if
that's really the reason, but I assume something like that is going
on.

Ethan

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 1:56 AM, Vladimir Ivanov <lester.mail@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ethan,
>
> I have a little misunderstanding - you wrote that MappedLong had been used
> to search in a Map(Any, LiftActor) in MessagePullActor and Long had been as
> a key to store value. But where had this conversion happend? I neither see
> it in PF below nor I can figure out what implicit conversion had been
> applied. It seems to me like the same obj (MappedLong) was used to store
> value.
>
> case StartPullActor(obj, lastMessage, messageSource) =>
>      if (!messagePullActors.contains(obj)) {
>        val pullActor = new MessagePullActor(Distributor, lastMessage,
> messageSource)
>        messagePullActors += (obj -> pullActor)
>        pullActor ! StartUp
>      }
>
> 2010/12/19 Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com>
>
>> Ahhh, so is it accurate to say that the problem is that when the
>> parameter is Any the compiler is not doing an implicit conversion from
>> MappedLongKey to Long, but when the parameter is Long it tips off the
>> compiler that the implicit conversion is necessary? Of course, in that
>> case I don't understand why this ever worked :-)
>>
>> Ethan
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>> > Thanks Ethan! I noticed now that I have tried to create a very generic
>> > Map, but now restricted the key type from Any to Long in order to
>> > avoid this type of error in the future.
>> >
>> > I've also just fixed a bug caused by different treatment of XML node
>> > equality in Scala 2.7 and 2.8. If I remember correctly, many Lift
>> > tests failed because of this when they tried to migrate to Scala 2.8.
>> >
>> > Vassil

>> me.

>> currently
>> me).

We really

>> work

"every X min"
It looks like
>> the
>> the

>> try

>> messages:

>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?pid=12310850&reporterSelect=specificuser&reporter=esjewett&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC&tempMax=1000

>> esjewett@gmail.com>
I created some new
>> Jira
action that runs