esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Actions with Lift 2.2 (was: Move to latest Lift release for 1.2)
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 22:31:46 GMT
Ahhh, so is it accurate to say that the problem is that when the
parameter is Any the compiler is not doing an implicit conversion from
MappedLongKey to Long, but when the parameter is Long it tips off the
compiler that the implicit conversion is necessary? Of course, in that
case I don't understand why this ever worked :-)

Ethan

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks Ethan! I noticed now that I have tried to create a very generic
> Map, but now restricted the key type from Any to Long in order to
> avoid this type of error in the future.
>
> I've also just fixed a bug caused by different treatment of XML node
> equality in Scala 2.7 and 2.8. If I remember correctly, many Lift
> tests failed because of this when they tried to migrate to Scala 2.8.
>
> Vassil
>

> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is (I believe) fixed. We were using a MappedLongKey to do a
>> lookup in a map but we were storing the value being looked up with a
>> key that was just a Long. I guess this doesn't work any more? :-)
>>
>> Ethan
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Strange - There is no exception in the log file on stax. .....
>>>
>>> D.

If

X min"
On the