esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Graduation to a TLP
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2010 14:30:23 GMT
I think we are finally at the point where we can seriously think about
graduation. I've prepared resolution (see below).

Two questions

1. Do any of our existing mentors wish to be placed on the list of
initial members?

2. Does anyone have a better short description of our purpose? I've
used "collaboration and integration" but I'm not really happy with it.
Any other suggestions?

If there is anyone on the list of initial members who doesn't wish to
be on it, then please tell me as well.

Once we have agreed on a resolution, I'll put it to a vote on esme-dev
before we move to a vote on the incubator general mailing list

D.

-------------------------------

      Establish the Apache ESME Project

       open-source software related to collaboration and integration
       for distribution at no charge to the public.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache ESME Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache ESME Project be and hereby is
       related to collaboration and integration; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache ESME" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of the Apache ESME Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of
       responsibility of the Apache ESME Project; and be it further

       Apache ESME Project:

         *  Anne Kathrine Petteroe                akpetteroe@apache.org
         *  Darren Hague                             <dhague@apache.org>
         *  Ethan Jewett                              <esjewett@apache.org>
         *  Mrinal Wadhwa                           <mrinal@apache.org>
         *  Richard Hirsch                            <rhirsch@apache.org>
         *  Vassil Dichev                              <vdichev@apache.org>
         *  Imtiaz Ahmed H E                       <imtiaz@apache.org>

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Richard Hirsch
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache ESME, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache ESME PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache ESME Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache ESME Project be and hereby
       Incubator ESME podling; and be it further

       Incubator ESME podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       Project are hereafter discharged.