esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The 'other' Anne breaks the timeline
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 08:08:39 GMT
Just deployed on stax with vassil's code change.

Anne's timeline is now visible without an error. What is even stranger
is that ethan's timeline is also visible but just with my last
message. Normally Ethan's timeline is empty, so I was a little bit
surprised.

I'll take another look in 5 minutes to see if everything is still visible

D.

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> @vassil Thanks for fixing the bug - it was filling our stax log
>
> I'll do a new stax deployment tomorrow and then we'll see if the prob
> was the rss feed.
>
> D.
>
> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:
>> You're right, it doesn't seem like parsing the feed should break the
>> timeline, but it's good to fix this so that we eliminate any doubt
>> that it causes problems. Besides, it's not a good idea to assume that
>> only correctly formatted dates will be passed our way, so I wanted to
>> put an end to ESME-275.
>>
>> I've just committed a fix and closed the issue.
>>
>> Vassil
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dick,
>>>
>>> If you want to disable my actions to test, that's fine. I'm fairly
>>> confident my actions are responsible for the stack trace you sent.
>>> (Thanks for looking in to it Vassil.)
>>>
>>> I just don't see how an issue with actions could be the cause of the
>>> timeline issue. As far as I know, loading a timeline does not trigger
>>> this action code that is failing. I could definitely be wrong, but I
>>> think there should be a second stack trace or a Lift error message
>>> that shows up in the logs when someone tries to load Anne or David's
>>> user page.
>>>
>>> Ethan

I do it

Petterøe