esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User page design questions/directions
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:24:10 GMT
As you already may know if you are following me on
http://esmecloudserverapache.dickhirsch.staxapps.net/  :-) ... I've
created Jira issues for what we discussed here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-309 - Remove Timeline tab
from user page

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-310 - Replace "Contacts"
tab on user page with "Following" and "Followers" tabs

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-311 - Profile picture
doesn't display on the user page

I've assigned them to myself, but I haven't started working on them
yet, so if someone else wants to wrangle the page design before I do
the comet version of the Messages tab, just let me know and I'll get
out of your way.

Ethan

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> No idea why it it is still blank
>
> Yeah, I didn't mean to bring that up. Was just explaining why I used your page and not
mine :-) Something else we need to look in to.

>> > 1. We need to display both the contacts and a timeline on this page, so the
>> > tab display probably needs to stay, at least for now.
>>
>> I might think of changing the UI though - the distinction between
>> followers / followed is pretty primitive
>
> Great point. Should we have two tabs for this instead of the current single tab for contacts?
Following and Followers?

>> The profile picture is actually there - (look at the code or look at
>> the pager in IE7) but is broken. I had a problem in lift where I
>> couldn't figure out to get it to work
>
> Interesting. I did not realize that. Do you know of an issue for this problem? If not,
I'll create one.

>> > 4. I am thinking I will not want to put a message input box on this page, as
>> > it is not a pure timeline display, so it could be very confusing to users.
>>
>> Agreed - no input box - although what happens if I want a message the
>> user that I am currently looking at. The "@user" could be added
>> automatically
>
> Not sure I understand this. If there is no input box, it's not really an issue because
you won't be able to send a message from this page. Though who knows when will happen after
we redesign the input box.