esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Imtiaz Ahmed H E" <in.imt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search - Created ESME 279
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 04:28:01 GMT
For the record, I was always using FireFox and I didn't have this 
straightforward problem before. It looks as if the problem crept in 
during/after Dick's vacation since I fixed search during his vacation and 
didn't have this problem.
As this and Dick's mail imply, it may have crept in since as part of the 
changes to handle browser dependencies or maybe some other Message-related 
code changes.
Should be easy to narrow down.

Created ESME - 279 :  Search result does not show message text for matches.

Imtiaz

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Richard Hirsch" <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>; <in.imtiaz@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search


I'll test again tomorrow and if the problem still exists - I'll create
a JIRA item with a better description of the steps I took - then we
can compare.

@Imtiaz - can you post a JIRA issue with the search bug using FF

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:35 AM,  <in.imtiaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> FireFox latest update happened yesterday 3.6.9 if I recall right.
> I'm outside with my hand-held at the moment!
>
> Imtiaz
>
> Imtiaz Ahmed H E
> Cell +91.98452 84561
> Bangalore, India
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:30:26
> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
> Reply-To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>
> strange
>
> what browser are you using?
>
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com> 
> wrote:
>> It works for me for the 'tags' 1.1 version with Derby jdbc.
>>
>> But there's a nice new bug apparently, where the search results don't 
>> show
>> the message, for example, searching for 'abra' in
>>
>> imtiaz4
>> abra abra
>> public 9 minutes ago via web
>>
>> results in
>>
>> imtiaz4
>> public 10 minutes ago web
>>
>> Imtiaz
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch" 
>> <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
>> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:02 AM
>> Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Didn't actually try running the tagged version (1.1)...
>>>
>>> Looked at the compass config files.
>>>
>>> Did you use compass.jdbc.cfg.xml (for Derby) or 
>>> compass.mysql.jdbc.cfg.xml
>>> (for MySQL) ?
>>
>> used both - I tried to localize the problem with the derby-based file
>>>
>>> Obviously, you did this - for the MySQL version provided the appropriate
>>> driverManager element in the config xml file ? Right now the file has 
>>> the
>>> element commented out and without any real values...as I had created it.
>>
>> I added the values for the stax environment and deployed it there but
>> it didn't work
>>>
>>> The jdbc Derby version should work, it *had* worked for me when I 
>>> renamed
>>> it
>>> to compass.cfg.xml, when I fixed it earlier...
>>
>> it worked for me as well - what is strange is that the derby-based
>> index db isn't being created when the app starts and after adding a
>> word and then searching, nothing is found. I thought my UI changes
>> might be the reason but when I changed to file-based compass indexes
>> it worked.
>>>
>>> Let me know and let's see if I need to try out the tagged version on my
>>> system...
>>>
>>> As Ethan suggested once, enter a new message and look for a word in the
>>> message...
>>>
>>> Imtiaz
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch"
>>> <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
>>> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>>> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:50 AM
>>> Subject: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>>>
>>>
>>>> I've been testing the tagged version and I'm having some problems with
>>>> the jdbc-based search. I tried it on stax and it didn't work and then
>>>> I tried it locally and it didn't work. I switched back to file-based
>>>> indexes and it worked again. Maybe someone else can have a look to see
>>>> if the tagged version has some error.
>>>>
>>>> What is strange is that it worked at one time. I have no idea what
>>>> changed.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>> D.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
> 


Mime
View raw message