esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is doing PubSubHubub worth it ?
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 07:58:26 GMT
There are some other companies not on the list but present in the
comments (RabbitMQ and status.net) - there are also some interesting
other possibilities (for example, linking it to xmpp (
http://grack.com/blog/2009/09/09/pubsubhubbub-to-xmpp-gateway/) or
this blog about pubsubhubbub and twitter
(http://blog.persistent.info/2009/08/twitter-pubsubhubbub-bridge.html)
Since we've already started the implementation, I'd really be
interested in continuing it but I'm open for discussions on the topic
as well.

D.

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please don't misconstrue me, I would have (and already started having) my usual ball
doing it!

> But at http://code.google.com/p/pubsubhubbub/wiki/Companies
> there are only a handful of companies who have advertised themselves as doing (supporting
a hub for their feeds) it.

> Of course, Ethan probably knows better...
>
> What do you think ? Dick ?
>
> Maybe there's lots of other stuff that would really help Esme. But, pubsubhubub is a
really worthwhile api/concept in itself...