esme-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.1 - Second vote
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:30:08 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just did a "mvn site" and here are the licenses found.  Which of
> these licenses should be in a THIRD-PARTY.txt  file and where would I
> find an example of such file that I can use as a template. Or should
> the information go into the
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/trunk/NOTICE.txt file?

Not in the NOTICE, that's only for required notices.

I suggest creating a THIRD-PARTY.txt to list those licenses, to keep
track of the work you've done in researching them. The goal is just to
list the dependencies and indicate that ESME has checked them, and
expand that file is new dependencies are used later.

> Unknown: Unnamed - com.twitter:xrayspecs:pom:1.0.7, Unnamed -
> org.jboss.netty:netty:pom:3.1.5.GA, Unnamed -
> org.scala-tools:vscaladoc:pom:1.1-md-3, asm, cglib

IIUC you don't know what the licenses on those libraries are?

If that's the case that has to be cleared before the release.

The other licenses look good to me.

Thanks for your work,
-Bertrand