esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 05:32:00 GMT
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Didn't actually try running the tagged version (1.1)...
>
> Looked at the compass config files.
>
> Did you use compass.jdbc.cfg.xml (for Derby)  or compass.mysql.jdbc.cfg.xml
> (for MySQL) ?

used both - I tried to localize the problem with the derby-based file

> Obviously, you did this - for the MySQL version provided the appropriate
> driverManager element in the config xml file ? Right now the file has the
> element commented out and without any real values...as I had created it.

I added the values for the stax environment and deployed it there but
it didn't work

> The jdbc Derby version should work, it *had* worked for me when I renamed it
> to compass.cfg.xml, when I fixed it earlier...

it worked for me as well - what is strange is that the derby-based
index db isn't being created when the app starts and after adding a
word and then searching, nothing is found.  I thought my UI changes
might be the reason but when I changed to file-based compass indexes
it worked.