esme-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.1
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:32:53 GMT

+1 (Incubator PMC)

I haven't actually run the server or anything, but doing a quick "legal
review", the src distribution looks OK.

The only comment I'd have is the inclusion of the KEYS file into the
distribution.  In general, that is discouraged as a "hacker" modifying the
distro could just stick their key in there and people may use it thinking
everything is OK.  Normally, we prefer people to always grab the signing keys
from the Apache server directly, not out of the distribution itself.  I don't
PERSONALLY see that as warranting a -1, (others may have a different opinion)
but something that should be changed for the future.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org