esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding ESME installation on local
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:54:45 GMT
I just tried this on our cloud instance
(http://esmecloudserverapache.dickhirsch.staxapps.net) and it worked.

I know that it is suboptimal to have to create a user and then
associate it was your OpenID user but this is the current
implementation. In a future version, you will be able to login with an
unknown OpenID user and have an ESME user created automatically .

D.

<==============================It failed when I tried https://me.yahoo.com/ or https://me.yahoo.com/gaurav11bh
.
>> : I/O transport error:
>> INFO - No OpenID service endpoints discovered through Yadis; attempting HTML dis
>> covery...
>> INFO - Request /user_mgt/login took 2263 query
>> INFO - Service request (POST) /ecme/user_mgt/login took 2263 Milliseconds
>> INFO - Service request (GET) /ecme/user_mgt/login took 16 Milliseconds
>> INFO - Service request (GET) /ecme/classpath/jquery.js took 2 Milliseconds
>> INFO - Service request (GET) /ecme/classpath/json.js took 2 Milliseconds
>> INFO - Creating openId auth request.  returnToUrl: https://localhost:8443/ecme/o
>> penid/response
>> INFO - Starting discovery on URL identifier: https://me.yahoo.com/
>> INFO - Yadis discovery failed on https://me.yahoo.com/, status: 4, error message
>> : I/O transport error:
>> INFO - No OpenID service endpoints discovered through Yadis; attempting HTML dis
>> covery...
>> INFO - Service request (POST) /ecme/user_mgt/login took 10 Milliseconds
>> INFO - Service request (GET) /ecme/user_mgt/login took 11 Milliseconds
>> INFO - Service request (GET) /ecme/classpath/jquery.js took 2 Milliseconds
>> INFO - Service request (GET) /ecme/classpath/json.js took 2 Milliseconds
>>

>> Kindly take a look at the log and please let me where I am getting it wrong.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Gaurav Bhardwaj

have an internal OpenId provider, which means that your users are going to use OpenIds from
external providers. Usually, you will have to go through an internal proxy.

>> If this is the case, then you must set the proxy server.   Set the paramters in
the default.props file
>> http.proxyHost
>>
>> If you have to access the internet (for example for OpenID support) via a proxy,
then this should be set to the proxy server

list. Details on how to subscribe are here: http://incubator.apache.org/esme/esme-mailing-lists.html

>> Thanks.
>>

>> D.

i am facing is that - it is looking for an Open ID. I created one, with openid.yahoo.com<http://openid.yahoo.com>
but still am not able to login and use the application.