esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with using metadata for API2
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 08:20:47 GMT
> But what happens when the user wants to have an xml stream in the
> metadata? For example when a bot is using the ESME api and wants to
> store additional material in the message? I was trying to duplicate
> the Twitter Annotations behavior:
> http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Annotations-Overview

Currently when the client gets the metadata as a string it should be
unescaped, which should give the expected result parsable both in the
JSON or XML case.

The correct thing for a client to do is to also URL encode the request
when posting, which is also a requirement for the Twitter API, and it
will not have to deal with shell escaping issues such as when you are
using curl from the command-line.