esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Imtiaz Ahmed H E" <in.imt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search error when using JDBC for search (was "Metadata handling")
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2010 23:33:06 GMT
Will look into this and try and fix it asap.
Getting to know Lucene etc...even bought the Lucene in Action book ! The
Java eco-system never ceases to give you pleasure !

Imtiaz

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ethan Jewett" <esjewett@gmail.com>
To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: Search error when using JDBC for search (was "Metadata
handling")

Not in front of my computer now, so please forgive mistakes.

My testing indicated that in the Compass object in Boot.scala the
conf.buildCompass() method call was failing silently during the setup
of the object.

The exception then occurs later on when the system attempts to use the
Compass.compass value, which I believe was never populated.

So, the actual failure occurs in the SearchMgr object, I think, so it
has Lift methods in the stack trace, but I don't think it's a Lift
issue. I'm not sure why we don't see an exception bubble up from the
buildCompass() method.

That is unfortunately about as far as far as I got.

Ethan