esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Style conventions
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 20:56:07 GMT
I just took the liberty of formatting a couple of files (API2,
API2Test and AuthToken) which looked just... wrong in my editor. The
reason was that some lines were indented using tabs, while the Scala
convention (used in the rest of the ESME files) uses 2 spaces for
indentation.

We posted a Scala Style guide some time ago
(http://davetron5000.github.com/scala-style/), it would be really
helpful if we could stick to it! In order to do so, it is necessary
that our editors/IDEs are set up to respect this convention and not
apply formatting which might surprise others.

Sorry for the nitpick, but documents with mixed tabs/spaces, while
they look perfectly OK on editors with the "correct" tab size, produce
horrendous results in editors with a different indentation setting.

Vassil