esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Broken OpenID
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:14:06 GMT
Just catching up here, but I seem to remember that originally if you tried
to log in with an OpenID that was not associated with an account, it created
an account and prompted you for several pieces of information, including the
username you would like to use. Once you chose a username, it was not
possible to change it, but the username was not defaulted to the OpenID.
This was pretty nice functionality, but if we're going to container-based
authentication anyway then I agree it's not worth recreating.

Interesting related question: What is our behavior going to be if someone
logs in with a valid container-based account that does not have a user set
up in ESME? I think we would want to do something like what we originally
did with OpenID: prompt for first name, last name, and username.

Ethan