esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jira gardening - Issue recommendations - please respond with disagreements
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 14:51:58 GMT
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got through the Jira issues for Release 1.1 over the last week. I
> have closed several of them that are fixed and moved several of them
> to the backlog if they were not required for a 1.1 release (we had
> discussed that our only must-add/fix issues for 1.1 are the new UI and
> LDAP). Just because the issues are in the backlog does not mean we
> can't work on them for 1.1, but it does indicate that we can release
> without them.
>
> Here are the questions that I did not have answers to or that I think
> we need to decide on together. Please respond if you care about what
> happens to these issues. If I don't hear anything, then I'll do the
> recommended action after a week or so:
>
> [ESME-175] - IE 7 doesn't work at all with new layout
> Comment: I believe that this issue is fixed but I cannot test.
> Recommendation: Close this issue and open more specific issues for
> individual browser rendering problems.

Still exists - I've added additional IE-7-related problems to the Jira item

> [ESME-100] - Finish web UI
> Comment: I think we should stop opening sub-tasks for this issue. The
> web UI is pretty much finished and we should manage issues with the
> web-UI under the component and not under the issue. I've already
> transformed several sub-tasks into issues.
> Recommendation: I'll keep an eye on this issue and manually turn new
> sub-tasks in to their own issues.

OK

> [ESME-194] - User Page is buggy
> Comment: I think this is no longer an issue, but I don't understand
> what the issue was in the first place
> Recommendation: Resolve

Resolved

> [ESME-196] - Message layout in IE6 is broken
> Comment: I believe that this issue is fixed but I cannot test.
> Recommendation: Resolve

We just forget IE6 support - it is too much hassle.  Thoughts?

> [ESME-155] - DB Problems during Tomcat shutdown
> Comment: I think Dick fixed this this weekend.
> Recommendation: Resolve

Made the change on the weekend - someone has to test in Tomcat to see if the
problem still exists

> [ESME-180] - Creating a new pool doesn't lead to a ajax-based refresh
> Comment: I think Dick fixed this this weekend.
> Recommendation: Resolve

Still open.  Just fixed the location of the menu - not the ajax-based update

> [ESME-198] - Action: We need an action that tests for a specific message id
> Comment: Nice to have, but do we need it in release 1.1?
> Recommendation: Move to backlog

Like to have it in 1.1 if possible - I'm working on it right now - slowly
but surely.

> [ESME-178] - Paging of old results
> Comment: Nice to have, but does not need to be in release 1.1
> Recommendation: Move to backlog

Agreed

> We have only 16 issues left in Release 1.1 at this point! Not much
> farther to go now :-)

A few other problems exist - I've added them as Jira items