esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pubsubhubbub
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 19:59:51 GMT
Yeah, the problem is that PubSubHubbub is predicated on the existence of a
feed (either RSS or Atom). I think it would be workable for the API for
public content, but otherwise I also see the authentication issue as a big
problem. I'm pretty sure that some patterns are emerging for authenticated
content using PubSubHubbub, but I don't think that aspect is very mature
yet, so we're probably better off waiting another 6 months rather than
trying to invent something ourselves.

Ethan