esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pubsubhubbub
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 19:30:21 GMT
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We would be a subscriber, though we could conceivably set up actions or
>> something else that acts as a publisher as well. It's one of the options
>> for
>> really stream-ifying the API.
>>

> I think an action that publishes would be perfect.

I was looking at the slides here (http://pubsubhubbub.appspot.com/) and the
last slide has details for a publisher:

   - Publish Atom feeds with their content
   - Include Hub forwarding information in feeds (optional)
   - POST updates to Subscribers and Hubs (optional)

I think an action by itself wouldn't be enough. I also don't know how
authentication might work with Atom.