esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pool messages are displayed where they shouldn't
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 20:50:05 GMT
> I think I've got a fix and I'm running through the tests now. I will check
> in shortly if all goes well. Apparently the issue is that viewablePools is a
> List[Long], which no longer matches Set[Long].

Hm, I don't think this is the case here. Nowhere is it specified that
we want a Set[Long], and even if this were a problem, the compiler
would have caught it. Check this online scala interpreter:

http://www.simplyscala.com/interp?code=val%20s%3A%20Set[Int]%20%3D%20List%281%2C%202%2C%203%29

What happens and what Dick has also noticed is that what's inside the
yield doesn't execute. The problem here is that User.currentUser
returns Empty (this is an instance of Lift's Box, which is a container
type). This is probably related to some changes in the User's
hierarchy, but it's hard to tell why yet.

At least the good news is that findMapDb is always called when it
should be. However, in order for it to work it must know which is the
current user- otherwise it cannot know which messages to restrict.

Vassil