esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A few requests and few bugs
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:38:08 GMT
Hi,

Yes, we can definitely fast-track the ones related to the API. Glad
someone is using it :-)

A few questions below:

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:

> * is it possible to get back the messageid when creating new messages?
> (maybe within the "Location" header)

Is this a request for the API? I assume so, and I think I should be
able to add it to the message returned.

> * is it possible to create an action that tests for a specific message id?

I don't think we should do this. What is the use case that we are
going for here? It seems very wasteful to have an action that hangs
out waiting for a single message when we already know what the message
is.

> * the replyto element seems not to be filled when retrieving via the api

Hmmm, it should be. I will fix. What API method does this issue show
up with? All the message APIs?

> * GET /users/actions doesn't retrieve disabled actions?

Will fix (user/actions actually)

> * a PUT to /users/action/MESSAGEID results in a 403

You can PUT to /user/actions/ACTIONID. I don't understand why we would
expect messages to exist under an actions collection. What are they
trying to do?

Ethan