esme-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 1.0-RC2 in Jira
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 08:41:41 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Anne Kathrine Petter√łe
<yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to make sure I understand this correctly.
> When we create RCs from the tagged point release (like in this case RC1 from
> the 1.0 tagged release), we need to go through the voting process each time?...

If the goal is to distribute the result as a release, yes.

According to http://apache.org/dev/release.html a release is "anything
that is published beyond the group that owns it" - so if the goal is
just to create an SVN tag for the ESME community to decide if it's
technically fit as a release candidate, nothing formal is needed.

-Bertrand