esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Action results to certain pools
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:31:34 GMT
> I was looking at Jira and I found an issue dealing with tags and actions (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-115) in which Vassil says " Tags
> are added, but I'd close the bug when I also make it possible to post
> rss/atom messages to a certain pool". Do we want to be able send action
> results to a certain pool? I think it would be a great feature and could
> help keep the public stream cleaner.
>
> If we decide to do this, what should the syntax be? Should we add a new
> element to the UI - the "pool" selectbox? This would probably be easiest for
> users to understand. .

I imagine something like "pool:XXX" on a separate line, so we are consistent.

I've spent some time thinking about adding a UI for actions, but this
won't make much sense if we do it piecemeal. At a certain stage we
might make it work through a something like wizard rather than the
text configuration we've developed, but I'm not sure how consistent it
would be if we only do it for certain elements.