esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Current version on Stax
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 18:45:18 GMT
Ok, I think I've got it.

The reason appears to be the regular action I have set up to pull my
Twitter feed puts a message into my user's mailbox. This message is
never displayed in the timeline. However, these messages, inserted
into my mailbox every 5 minutes, have the affect of pushing other
messages out of my mailbox. It takes 5*40 = 200 minutes for 40 of
these non-displayed messages to build up in my mailbox and push out
all other messages.

I have now verified this locally (it goes faster if you set up a bunch
of regular actions (every 1 mins)) and I will create a JIRA issue and
patch. My patch strategy is going to be to never add messages to the
mailbox when they have a message ID of -1, which seems to be the
convention for regular actions.

Ethan