esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Release process: Question about [VOTE] threads
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2010 08:18:09 GMT
I have a question about release [VOTE] threads. Should they be used
for QA purposes as well.  Should people test the Release candidate
before the [VOTE] thread - perhaps by testing the tagged release- or
the signed RC when it is present in the people.apache.org directory?
Or both.

I think we are still learning how to release ESME correctly.
Obviously, the release manager can't also do the QA by himself.

I've just created a new RC in SVN - tagged
"incubator/esme/tags/apache-esme-1.0-incubating/" which includes the
Security Fix that Ethan has posted. Don't worry about the java-client
- I'm going to remove this from release as it it is currently broken
and we don't to confuse people.

So, please test the RC using the SVN tag and report back in the next
few days if you have tested and what you have tested,

D.