esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.0 - (Yes Again :->)
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:46:51 GMT
I agree with Bertrand.

I'd like to get this release out and then do a another release soon to
fix the errors.

Right now, there are the two issues that have to be changed and Ethan
has already changed them in SVN.

>I believe that this will happen on any system and I think the fact that search and the
API2 doesn't work out of the box will really
>confuse people.
The fact that search doesn't work is IMHO the lesser of the two
errors. Does the API2 not work at all or is the problem more the
security one associated with the "role.api_test=integration-admin"
setting?

I'm reluctant to cut a new release , because then we'd have to start
over again. Like I've said, I see this first release as a learning
experience. No release will be perfect and will always include a few
bugs. I'd rather get this release out and then do another release in 2
weeks time with the bug fixes.  Now that we know how to do create
releases it will be easier the next time.  We should get used to

I'd rather describe the two changes that have to made in the resource
files in a blog post or on the wiki and then push for a new release.

Anyone else have thoughts on this

D.