esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.0 - (Yes Again :->)
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:03:03 GMT
Hi,

I have posted our candidate for the first Apache release developed
within the ESME podling.

The candidate can be found at

 http://people.apache.org/~rhirsch/esme/<http://people.apache.org/%7Erhirsch/esme/>

See the CHANGES.txt file for details on release contents. The release
candidate is a tar archive of the sources in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/tags/apache-esme-1-0-0-incubating/<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/tags/apache-esme-1.0-incubating>

The MD5 checksum of the apache-esme-incubating-1.0-
src.tar.gz release package is

8E 43 0D DF F8 FE 15 9B  22 47 C2 C0 CC 30 21 2C

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache ESME 1.0-incubating.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if
a majority of at least three +1  ESME PPMC votes is reached. Assuming
the vote passes, I will ask the Incubator PMC to approve the release.

  [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache ESME 1.0-incubating

Here's my +1.

Since the last release attempt, the following changes have been made
* Updated README to indicate that ESME currently just supports JDK 1.6
* Removed license reference from the README
* Removed GPL-licensed and other unused dependencies from pom.xml.  (Thanks
Ethan)
  Perform "mvn site" to see the current dependencies. The only dependencies
  only license information are the com.twitter.* jars and I was unabled to
find
  licensing info. Although newer versions in github are licensed with Apache

  License
* Pom.xml no longer refers to lift snapshot but to the "1.1-M8" version
* Changed version in pom.xml to
<version>apache-esme-1.0-incubating</version>
* removed svn files from release
* directory created by release is no longer called "trunk"
* Checked SHA signature on signed release but this should be a diff between
SHA1
  and SHA512

Dick Hirsch