esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.0 - (Yes Again :->)
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:03:10 GMT
I believe it is a show-stopper. Posting messages works fine, but the
search functionality is broken out of the box.

On my Mac (OS X 10.6), building the release candidate runs fine with
mvn jetty:run, but when I try to use the search functionality I get an
error:

Message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not load JDBC
driver class [com.example.jdbc.Driver]

This is happening because Compass is attempting to use the
configuration in the compass.jdbc.cfg.xml file that comes with the
release, which points to a non-existent driver
(com.example.jdbc.Driver).

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/esme/trunk/server/src/main/resources/props/compass.jdbc.cfg.xml?view=markup&pathrev=906917

I believe that this will happen on any system and I think the fact
that search and the API2 doesn't work out of the box will really
confuse people. So, unfortunately, I think we have to go through this
one more time with a blank default.props file :-(

Maybe making this two-line change to one file is small enough that we
don't have to revote. I'm not sure. Maybe the mentors can weigh in.

Ethan