esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wee error
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:47:35 GMT
Yep. I agree.

By the way, It did a "mvn -U clean jetty:run" locally and it worked. Of
course, this a windows box....

Could be based on OpenJDK or Ubuntu 9.04?

@Sig: Maybe you could try the "normal" Sun JDK.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com> wrote:

> Aye aye capt'n, will do! Done:
>
> 1. Copied full esme folder from A to B and mvn jetty:run on B (only
> thing not pulled was the esme_db folder, assume that is created anew
> at start up).
>
> Result: Ya, that started!
>
> 2. Looking for changes in esme svn I did the full svn checkout
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/trunk esme
>
> Result: Oops that did not work as it's unversioned, duh... ah well etc
>
> So something happened with whatever the svn fetches after Jan 5....
> would be my educated guess.
>

> 2010/1/26 Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>:
> > But we really don't know what changes happened between Jan 5 and Jan 26
> in
> > the packages pulled by maven. ESME might not have changed (much) but the
> > packages that it uses may have changed. Of interest would be to move the
> > original files from Server A to Server B to see if they build correctly.
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com> wrote:
> >
> >> No differences as far as I can see. The two:
> >>
> >> Server A: Esme built w/o problems Jan 5
> >> Server B: Esme build error Jan 26
> >>
> >> Ubuntu 9.04 - both updated before installing ESME.
> >>
> >> JDK same.
> >>
> >> Basically same-same :)

> openJDK

> (6b14-1.4.1-0ubuntu12)

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-esme-dev/200910.mbox/%3Ccdbebedf0910282036j6cc888caw93358695c5c6c008@mail.gmail.com%3E

David's

<sig@rinde.com>

is absolutely
> up-to-date
upgrade after
> starting
> >> up

up, only mishap was
> >> that
during first mvn...
> so
lets see now:

49 packages, then dies
8 packages. No
> other

etc.) might have
> changed.

a maven-related
> problem,

all in the last few

Rinde <sig@rinde.com>

> com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.printSourceNumber(JavaScriptCompressor.java:299)

> com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.parse(JavaScriptCompressor.java:335)

> com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.<init>(JavaScriptCompressor.java:532)

> net.sf.alchim.mojo.yuicompressor.YuiCompressorMojo.processFile(YuiCompressorMojo.java:178)

> net.sf.alchim.mojo.yuicompressor.MojoSupport.processDir(MojoSupport.java:151)

this last time, and then
> >> all
was Jan 5th) :)

out the plug-in

PM, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com>

install so I'm using "mvn
> jetty:run"

pom.xml

end:

command line

<esjewett@gmail.com>:

> [...]
stack trace - I don't think this
> once

if the error is in ESME or somewhere

are you running that results in this

at 4:55 AM, Sig Rinde <
> sig@rinde.com>

over to test all fresh, so I created a
> new

(same base image as the other live one),
running 9.04 all latest.

user in default.props and commented
> out
in pom.xml.

and got this error:

remove the scalaVersion from pom.xml
8 source files to

in thread "main"

 at

> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$ClassSymbol.owner(Symbols.scala:1563)

 at

> >> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:940)

 at

> >> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:942)

 at

> >> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:942)

 at

> >> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:942)

 at

> >> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:942)

this time :)

Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com>:

> [...]
doing all that detective work. Unfortunately

to test on. :-(

there is some place that I pull in the
> setting

test user other than in the API2 code.
will try to look in to it.

you have the time: If you add another line
> in

a second user as integration admin,
> does

in the web interface as well?

25, 2010 at 3:27 AM, Sig Rinde <
> sig@rinde.com

creative sleuth work:

no difference between browsers:
log on as another user, then log out in
> anything

then no problem.
log out and log on as api_test in root same
> >> problem

only for the aws instance, not for my local

local is OS X)
a diff between the two (local and aws) webapp

different (except the .svn stuff which I
> removed

a diff between full esme directories and found
> no

and that esme on aws held a file named

works though, and now I know how to get in
> >> there

problem and assume it'll go away with a
> later
> >> new

:)

be a lift-specific problem with those browsers.